- MODO - version 4:
- Full radiative transfer modeling and at sensor radiance calculations with completely included MODTRAN 4 radiative transfer code. Attractive pricing at sufficient accuracy for many applications and education.
- MODO - version 5:
- High accuracy radiative transfer supporting the Modtran®5 radiative transfer code for users having already a valid license for the Modtran®5 code.
- MODO PRO - version 5:
- High accuracy radiative transfer including a complete Modtran®5 radiative transfer code license.
The following features apply to all current versions of MODO:
- graphical user interface to the original Modtran® software as developed by the AFGL
- direct call of Modtran® for Windows and UNIX/Linux/MacOSX,
- straight-forward at-sensor radiance simulation for a broad collection of remote sensing systems.
- import/export of Modtran® 'tape5' ASCII control files
- creation of tape5 input including support for multiple run tape5s,
- convolution of Modtran® outputs to hyperspectral and multispectral sensors,
- import of ground reflectance spectra including support for adjacency effect,
- export of calculation results to ENVI(TM) spectral libraries and ASCII,
- automatic creation of series based on a spectral library, and sensitivity analysis through parameter series,
- extraction of radiance/transmittance and flux components from standard Modtran® output (*tp7 and *flx),
- plotting of standard Modtran® outputs (tape7 / flux),
- supporting applications for visibility determination and solar angles calculation.
- direct online help for each GUI,
- complete PDF user manual for the MODO functionality and original, hyper-tagged Modtran® user manual,
Features only available in MODO version 4:
- included original Modtran® executables of Modtran®4, v3r1 for Solaris/x86-Linux/MacOSX and Windows (under license of the United States of America),
Features only available in MODO and MODO PRO version 5 :
- full support for the higher spectral resolution offered by Modtran®,
- direct link to functional local Modtran®5 installation.
- display of ENVI remote sensing BSQ image data cubes
- extraction of spectra and profiles from ENVI data cubes
- calculation of sensor-specific standard atmospheric correction parameters.
- simple atmospheric correction (SACO) module for ENVI formatted imagery.
Features only available in MODO PRO version 5:
- includes original Modtran® executables of Modtran®5.3.2 for x86-Linux/MacOSX and Windows (under license of the United States of America),
- IDL 8.0 and higher or the free IDL Virtual Machine (Exelis Inc.) ,
- Linux (x86), MacOSX or Windows operating system,
- high processing power for Modtran® runs,
- screen size at least 1024x768, and
- disk storage: approx. 100 MB.
The MODTRAN® trademark is being used with the express permission of the owner, the United States of America, as represented by the United States Air Force. For use outside of the US, the trademark is being used with the express permission of the owner, Spectral Sciences, Inc.